Every year, English teachers from across the country can submit their collections of actual analogies and metaphors found in high school essays. These excerpts are published each year to the amusement of teachers across the country. 1. Her face was a perfect oval, like a circle that had its two…
Every year, English teachers from across the country can submit their collections of actual analogies and metaphors found in high school essays. These excerpts are published each year to the amusement of teachers across the country. 1. Her face was a perfect oval, like a circle that had its two sides gently compressed by a Thigh Master.
2. His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like underpants in a dryer without Cling Free.
3. He spoke with the wisdom that can only come from experience, like a guy who went blind because he looked at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it and now goes around the country speaking at high schools about the dangers of looking at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it.
4. She grew on him like she was a colony of E. Coli, and he was room-temperature Canadian beef.
5. She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up.
7. He was as tall as a six-foot, three-inch tree.
8. The revelation that his marriage of 30 years had disintegrated because of his wife’s infidelity came as a rude shock, like a surcharge at a formerly surcharge-free ATM machine.
9. The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn’t.
10. McBride fell 12 stories, hitting the pavement like a Hefty bag filled with vegetable soup.
11. From the attic came an unearthly howl. The whole scene had an eerie, surreal quality, like when you’re on vacation in another city and Jeopardy comes on at 7:00 p.m. instead of 7:30.
12. Her hair glistened in the rain like a nose hair after a sneeze.
13. The hailstones leaped from the pavement, just like maggots when you fry them in hot grease.
16. John and Mary had never met. They were like two hummingbirds who had also never met.
17. He fell for her like his heart was a mob informant, and she was the East River.
18. Even in his last years, Granddad had a mind like a steel trap, only one that had been left out so long, it had rusted shut.
20. The plan was simple, like my brother-in-law Phil. But unlike Phil, this plan just might work.
21. The young fighter had a hungry look, the kind you get from not eating for a while.
22. He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck, either, but a real duck that was actually lame, maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.
23. The ballerina rose gracefully en Pointe and extended one slender leg behind her, like a dog at a fire hydrant.
- the Sofa in 305 has been missing.
- got back math and English paper. I’m pretty amused by my eng marks, considering the fact that I was falling asleep/ three quarters asleep while doing it.
- have been going pretty well with my relationship with God. Trying hard to make time to do my QTs.
- pondering a lot on why people use vulgarities to vent anger, ESP Christians.
- at bible study now using my I touch to update. Where’s mum?
Lollipops turn into cigarettes. The innocent ones turn into sluts. Homework goes in the trash. Mobile phones are being used in class. Detention becomes suspension. Soda becomes vodka. Bikes become cars. Kisses turn into sex. Remember when getting high meant swinging on the…
“In my opinion, the best thing you can do is find a person who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you, the right person is still going to think the sun shines out your ass. That’s the kind of person that’s worth sticking with.”—Juno (via quote-book)
Had CNY celebrations in school earlier on after chinese and geog. The two subjects I detest like woah. I think Miss Low is very irritating cause she makes everything hard for everyone. Things we don’t do, our fault. Things we do and get wrong, our fault again. Even if it meant time constrain, Its my fault for not being able prioritize my time, after I came home to do my chinese homework and went to a family gathering straight away. Yeah, my fault that my cousin is smarter than her and is going to Australia to study and we had a farewell/CNY dinner.
MARILYN’S FAULT FOR BEING SO SMART HER NOTES WERE SIMILAR TO YOURS. Either that or you’re just not-too-smart. Thanks for being nice anyway.
I dont like selfish people, who, for their own comfort and convenience neglect the hard work put in by others to produce something beautiful, screwing up everything. It gets very frustrating to have your hopes brought up so high just for it to be brought down cause of selfishness of others. You guys did reaaaaallly well though. things that pull you down are here to help bring you back up even stronger than before. Nothing happens out of Random. Its all planned by God! :D
Went to AMK with Heidi, Mook and Sarah. Had New York New York for lunch and ate like a glutttttooonnnn. Its our first expensive meal out. Maybe considerably a CNY reunion. HAH. Had a super fun time playing with Chocolate Fondue and messing up the table hehe. Pictures up in the next post. Amanda Ate half a chicken. Gooooood food.
Dinner last night with the Lim(z), CNY/ Ryan’s farewell. He’s going over to Melbourne to further his studies. I wore a dress. So pretty fat haha. I like that dress. And i srsly need to lose weight. Sigh. I wish I was a sport prodigy. Had a super fun time with the cousins smugglng ourselves into the pool place where the guys were. Marissa looked like a goddess lying on the billiard table. Marissa is an emo kid who literally goes to the corner and looks down. Cute or whutt…
Thanks to Barnnnnnnabas for teaching me how to spell impromptu ( is that right?) in your Vday card in which you wasted your reccess doing, and to Erick for the really sweet and nice and super cute card! I have yet to give out all of mine. I have many. Like, 50 plus I think. Stayed up till 1 am ++ doing them, woke at 5. Im so zonked now. Whatever Zonked means. Heh
Oh, I dreamt Mini tornadoes invaded my room and turned into candu floss hehe
“My Dearest Allie. I couldn’t sleep last night because I know that it’s over between us. I’m not bitter anymore, because I know that what we had was real. And if in some distant place in the future we see each other in our new lives, I’ll smile at you with joy and remember how we spent the summer beneath the trees, learning from each other and growing in love. The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds, and that’s what you’ve given me. That’s what I hope to give to you forever. I love you. I’ll be seeing you. Noah”—Nicholas Sparks. The Notebook. (via quote-book)
“You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates - but when it comes to the end, you have to let go.”—The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (via kari-shma) (via quote-book)
Schools been tiring me out and keeping my fingers away from the keypad quite a bit. Im quite satisfied and amazed by my non addictiveness to the big C lying on my desk anymore. I haven’t touched my laptop in probably a month. My family computer has been the one thats been keeping me in touch with the changing high tech world where a week without the computer or television would make you miss out on more than you’d know. Which is why I’ve been so out dated SHEESH.
Choir juniors came in today. Darwin had a happy time showing them how to use their forsetto (?). I tried making friends, but i think they were prettttty shy, but very cute indeed. Hahaha. Amelia wasn’t feeling too well, and Fiona, Eunice and I had inside stuff and Im feeling so confused now (sighs). Went home with Letazia, bumped into Erick and Mirul. I LOVE YOU LEATAZIA! (L)
Mark cooked dinner for us. Had some new concortion, something to do with Science. He thought of it on the way home today. My brother so greaky ( Geek plus freak= Greak). Something which had to do with concentration. Like whats that right. Was… interesting ah. the taste. Kinda weirdddd, but still intteresting. The tow Kay was totally flattened. Geeeez.
Monday- Lit and DnT class test+ journal submission. Tuesday- Eng Commont test. Tuesday- Math common test. :( I haven’t finished my DnT. A lot more to go. Pffffffffffts. Dont like DnT theory. Speaking of theory, I need to do my theory homework.
ANYWHOOTS, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOLENE! Thanks for being such a nice and caring and fun-loving senior! You realllllly make my days in schoir a lot more fun. HURHUR. I don’t think you’d be reading this actually. HAHA. I look up to you, esp in how you’re able to cope so well with so many things. You’re A-may-zeeng. I really hope to be able to get to know you better through choir and hopefully the prayer stuff. Just that right now my tuesdays and thursdays are prettty packed. BUT ANYWHOOOOTS, HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN!!!!! May you continue to look for God and grow stronger in Him, and may you continue to seek Him in your everyday life! :D LOVE YOU MUCH JOLENE!
OKay, needa go study+homework. Life is so sad. :(
P.S. Some random person called and started speaking in tamil LOL. K byez